The Greenhouse: An Inside Look at Your Church Website
When it comes to building your church website with Clover, one of the most common concerns we hear is this:
“I don’t know anything about web design or coding. How am I supposed to do it all for myself?”
Trust us, we get it! The thought of creating and updating a site with little to no experience all on your own sounds intimidating on paper. But you can also trust us when we tell you, there’s no simpler way to do it than with Clover Sites.
We created Clover to empower you as church leaders to have full ownership over your online presence.
Rather than have to pay thousands of dollars to a developer or waste time waiting for them to get back to you about changes, we wanted to make a way for you to do everything you needed to do with clarity and confidence.
And that’s exactly what the Greenhouse does. It’s a one-stop shop for all your editing and updating needs online, designed specifically with new users in mind. It’s a space that allows you to do it all yourself without sacrificing the professional look and feel you want for your site. Whether you’re new to web design completely or an experienced user with a little more knowledge, the Greenhouse is designed to make every step of the process clear and simple.
Take a look at just a few of the tools you’ll find for both beginner and advanced users waiting for you in the Greenhouse.
Easy Mode in the Greenhouse
What It Is
This option is great for anyone looking to make basic changes to their web design or layout. It’s for users with little to no experience in the field and makes editing a breeze.
What You Get
- Add A Page. This option lets you choose to add new pages to your site. You have the option to choose from a number of page layouts from simple text or photo options to more complex gallery or media Pages. It’s a one click tool that builds the page you need right then and there -- right in front of you.
- Remove A Page. Have an event pass? A ministry change? A sermon series you’re ready to take down? The Greenhouse makes it simple. Simply choose the option to remove a page then drag and drop the page you want gone out of your site. It’s a fast solution to take down out of date information on your site.
- Reorder Pages. It’s always a good idea to look at your site to see how you can make it better. One of the quickest ways to refresh it is to reorganize it. By using the option to reorder pages in the Greenhouse, you can drag each one around to easily reorganize the layout of your site.
- Edit Colors. Every one of Clover’s designs comes with a predetermined color scheme. The Greenhouse includes the option to edit those color schemes if you would like to. You can click through each one to preview it on your site. Or you can choose custom colors for a bit more customization.
- Edit Fonts. Just like the colors, Clover also provides preselected font choices for your web template. You can click through them all in the Greenhouse, playing with everything from size, style, and lettering to create the exact look you want for your site.
Advanced Mode in the Greenhouse
What It Is
Don’t let the word "advanced" intimidate you! You don’t have to be an expert in web design to consider yourself an advanced user of the Clover Greenhouse. In fact, this option is really for anyone who wants a few more options for specific customization and features for their site.
What You Get
- Manage Pages. This option combines all three of the tools available in Easy mode (add a page, remove a page, and reorder pages) in to one. You can create new pages, rename pages, and even hide pages from your public navigation. Your Page quantitiy is unlimited in Clover so you can create as many as you need. There’s even the option to create password-protected pages if you need to restrict access.
- Edit Colors & Fonts. Both options are nearly identical to the ones in Easy mode. They provide a variety of colors and font styles to choose from to customize your site.
- Design Settings. This is where the more detailed work begins. In this portion of the Greenhouse, you have the option to do a number of things including the rest of this list:
- Browser Titles. This is the name that appears in the navigational tab for your site. You can update it to reflect the name of your church.
- Brower Icons. Technically called a "favicon" (now you can win trivia night!) this is the icon that appears next to your web address in the browser navigational bar. If you have a small logo or symbol you’d like to include, this is where you can upload it.
- Custom Head Code. If you or someone at your church knows CSS code, this is where they can upload it. A note to keep in mind: Clover doesn’t offer CSS support because there are so many variations. This is for users who want to and can do it themselves.
- Section Editing. Finally, Section editing gives you the tools you need to edit your pages section by section. You can choose new page layouts as well as adjust, remove, or add new sections to your current pages. Rearranging is as simple as dragging and dropping around the page to reorder the Sections.
So now that you know, it’s time to get started! We’d love to help you find your way around the Greenhouse.
The Clover Greenhouse is a solution to make it easier for the "technical end" of building your church website. Building with Clover Sites makes it easy and beautiful for your congregation to engage with your church. It's also easy and beautiful for your admin teams. It's a win-win. Click the button below to start your free demo today!