Just about 2 weeks ago we launched our at-a-glance statistics in every Clover website's Greenhouse. We've been working on this feature for some time now, and we are stoked to give it to you.
We love Google Analytics (which you can still have in conjunction with these stats) for the incredible in-depth information it provides about your visitors. You can know what browser they visited you with, where they are located, which pages they visited and for how long, and what their favorite food is. Well, maybe not that last one, but I'm sure Google will figure it out one day. This info is great for marketing and analysis purposes, but can be pretty complicated if you're just looking for quick, easy to understand information.
Our new stats feature gives you clear, digestible info on how many visitors are hitting your site at any given time/day/month, as well as what kind of media player/podcasting traffic you are getting.
Here's a quick breakdown of what you can do through our new stats feature:
1. View Your Website's Traffic
- View the past 3 months of traffic (by day)
- View highest and lowest trafficked days for the past 3 months (at-a-glance)
- See the top 5 trafficked days in the past 30 days (at-a-glance)
- See the top 5 trafficked days in the past 7 days (at-a-glance)
- See an hourly breakdown of todays visits (at-a-glance)
2. Track Every "Play" in Your Media Player (which includes your Media Player online, Mobile, and Podcast)
- View how many "plays" you've received in the past 3 months (by day)
- View highest and lowest amount of plays for the past 3 months (at-a-glance)
- See the top 5 played media items for the past 30 days (at-a-glance)
- See the top 5 played media items for the past 7 days (at-a-glance)
- See an hourly breakdown of media items played today (at-a-glance)
One quick thing to highlight with the media player stat tracking... As far as we know, there is nothing else available on the web that combines every single play of a given media item across all platforms (ex: having a media item on your media player, mobile version, and podcast). Typically you would have to have analytics set up for each of these platforms and combine them yourself to get a number. Our stats combine all of these outlets into one number so you can really track your media's exposure. We're pretty proud of that, and hopefully it gives you a much better idea of the type of reach your media items have.